HP Engineering Project Specialist II
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Exercises independent judgement within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate actions. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Develop expertise for product data management systems, tools, and processes.
- Develop knowledge of engineering and product lifecycle processes for the HP Print businesses, including new product introduction through product obsolescence.
- Develop deep understanding of global and regional supply chain operations.
- Develop expertise in engineering Bills of Material (BOM) and Engineering Change processes.
- Develop business acumen, including an understanding of HP’s overall strategy and business models.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Analytical: demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving.
- Experience with database management.
- Team-player: contributes and shares knowledge to develop team members and system users.
- Proactive and highly responsive to business/customer needs and escalations.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; mastery of English language.
- Understanding of project management techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 2-4 years of experience in a supply chain function.
Certifications and initial knowledge beneficial for the following:
- Lean Six Sigma certification or experience
- SAP or Windchill Product Lifecycle Management systems
- SAP Enterprise Requirements Planning systems (ex: Velocity, Fusion, MRS, SAIL, IJ1)