Corporate Tax Accountant
Inchcape Shipping Services is one of the world’s leading maritime services providers. Through its proprietary network of some 290 offices employing over 3,600 people across 67 countries, our company provides its customers with an unparalleled global resource delivered locally and tailored to each customer’s individual needs.
Its diversified customer base includes clients across the oil, cruise, container and bulk commodity sectors as well as serving naval, government and inter-governmental clients. Additionally, Inchcape provides landside commercial and humanitarian logistics, transit, offshore support and other associated marine services.
Main Purpose of Job
This is a newly created role that will provide Tax Accounting support and act as the backup to our Payroll Lead managing the payroll process (on a needed basis) for our 300 employees in the United States, Canada, Caribbean and Bahamas.
Corporate Tax Responsibilities:
- Compiling of information for corporate tax returns (Prepared by outside CPAs/Chartered Accountants) for USA, Canada, Mexico, & Trinidad.
- Fielding questions from outside consultants and research to complete tax return as directed by Finance Controller, North America.
- Correspondence with IRS and State and Local Agencies
- Assist with information for any Corporate Tax Audits by any governmental entity with Jurisdiction.
- File all Property tax returns in the USA (approximately 40) and business license renewals annually as well as various other miscellaneous returns as needed.
- As needed will be assigned VAT recording/reconciling and GST/QST/HST filing and recording.
- Specific and Ad Hoc reporting as needed
Payroll and Benefits Support - These duties will be performed as needed:
- Second point of contact for employees in regards to payroll, time keeping and benefits.
- Run payroll processing for Canada, Bahamas and USA as needed. As relief person, if needed run all 3 payrolls, same week if the Payroll and Benefits Leader is out of the office for Vacation or Illness.
- Some experience with payroll is very desirable, especially ADP Workforce experience. A background in City, County, State and Federal benefit laws is desirable but not a requirement if willing to learn on the job.
- Tasks assigned by Payroll and Benefits Leader may include processing of new hires, terminations, garnishments, liens, benefit and other payroll deductions as well as appointments for pre-employment screening tests.
- Maintain employee personnel files and HR filing system and assists in HRIS reporting/recordkeeping/business processes as directed by Payroll and Benefits Leader.
- Generate specific management reports (ADP/Excel) as needed as well as some regular Monthly and Quarterly reports for Sr. Management for North America Region.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll and benefit items.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting with income tax background preferred. Will consider degree with Business Administration or Finance Major.
- 1-3 years of Directly Related Experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word skills. Experience with Spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Strong Analytical Skill and ability to work independently
- Ability to research tax law
- Detail oriented
- Ability to Prioritize, balance multiple tasks and organize efficiently.