Property Management Intern-Foley
2019 Property Management Intern
Are you a driven college student looking for hands-on experience to enhance your management skills? Are you looking for an active and fast-paced environment and a chance to truly become part of a team?
The primary focus of this internship is learning each property management role focusing on Tanger's operations, marketing, tenant relations, leasing/construction and basic principles of management. Interns will be responsible for strong project initiatives that positively impact business results. The primary focus is based on center needs and project initiatives are assigned to each intern. Interns who successfully complete the program will be considered for entrance into Tanger's management training program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Training is conducted on-site and is broken down into weekly increments of focus. Each period the intern will shadow a different member of the management team.
- Develop a strong knowledge of Tanger’s Operations Manual, SharePoint, Extranet, CRE POS System, MRI and other programs/tools
- Assist with budget planning
- Monitor the cleanliness of the center
- Work with RAM and GM to determine specifications and priority of repairs for approved projects. Utilize approved Scope of Work specs and products in developing Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Develop relationships and coordinate projects involving independent contractors and vendors
- Assist with center events
- Create and implement special promotions designed to attract customers to the center, entice shoppers to increase spend, return more frequently, raise the level of customer satisfaction, and increase sales/traffic
- Assist with the creation and execution of effective marketing strategies to increase sales and traffic
Tenant Administration Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate tenant data
- Maintain communication with tenants on center promotions and other center specific information
- Assist with preparing CSRs schedules
- Notify management with customer concerns
- Assist GM and AGM in coordination of promotions and advertising
- Process turnover forms, prepare meter readings, monitor proper insurance and building permits, and prepare required reports
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Utilize the MRI System and pull reports
- Process purchase order (PO) requests
- Assist with end-of-day register reporting and balancing
- Develop familiarity with the HR Field Manual using it as a guide for all HR related functions
- Administers skills assessments, screen resumes and identify candidates for face-to-face interviews
- Update center SharePoint site with current info: events, promotions, store opening/closings
- Assist with providing updated information to tenants regarding Tanger programs: Facebook, Tanger App, Tanger Club, TRIP, coupon book, gift cards, employee discounts, etc.
- Process bulk gift card sales
- Proof www.tangeroutlet.com center specific site monthly. Notify management of discrepancies
- Assist in coordinating the display of on-site signage
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities
- Assist customers with questions and find resolutions to problems
- Sell gift cards and Tanger Club memberships with a focus on meeting sales goals for the center and increase customer commitment
- Accurately balance the cash register at end of shift, follow prescribed procedures for reporting cash discrepancies and print supporting documentation and reports
- Address tenant requests and escalate concerns to management
Management will assign intern project initiatives unique to each center. The team and intern work together to execute and measure success. Here are a few examples of project initiatives:
- Complete a thorough evaluation of all utilities on the property and investigate where efficiencies or cost cutting tactics can be used.
- Manage social media for the center in order to increase traffic. This would include soliciting stores to feature their merchandise and promotional events on our Facebook page.
- Assist in the execution of income generating events that drive traffic and sales to the center, while providing first-choice experience to the shoppers.
Partner with Tanger Outlets and be a part of our progressive and unique team!
Tanger Outlets may provide relocation or housing assistance to interns who live outside of a 10-15 mile radius of the property.
For more information about Tanger Outlets, visit www.tangeroutlet.com. For specific Tanger internship information, visit www.tangeroutlet.com/careers/internships.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
EOE. Drug Free Workplace. A background check will be conducted for this position. Tanger Management, LLC participates in E-Verify.