St. Teresa of Calcutta Senior Ministry
Major Objective: Provide non-medical supportive care for the elderly within a home/institutional setting.
Position Reports To: Program Manager FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Employment Category: Full-time; non-exempt
Qualifications: Preferred Bachelor degree in Social Work, or related social services field. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have 1-3 years of case management experience along with a working knowledge of government and community programs/benefits for the elderly. Candidate must be able to work with staff, volunteers, and outside individuals and groups in a manner that is reflective of the Christian philosophy of Catholic Social Services. Must have a valid Alabama Driver’s license and use of personal insured vehicle. Candidate must successfully complete Archdiocesan Child Protection Training and background check.
1) Maintains an active ongoing case load of clients in various levels of care.
2) Assists clients with problem solving areas related to health care systems, financial, or social barriers
3) Maintains and organizes client’s cases and files.
4) Maintains ongoing, concise case notes.
5) Connects clients to local community resources and encourages clients to expand their ties to within the community.
6) Assess clients’ needs and level of care during an intake process.
7) Assists client’s in identifying their goals and objectives to reach these goals.
8) Related duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
9) Transports clients, when necessary, to physician appoints or grocery shopping.
Email resume by November 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 188 S. Florida St. Mobile, AL 36606