Account Manager (July 2019 start)
ACCELERATE HERE. SHAPE THE FUTURE OF SUPPLY CHAINS.
As one of the largest third party logistics (3PL) providers, we help people around the world get the products they need, when they need them. We have big plans, and shaping the future takes a team as diverse as the world’s supply chains. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are energized by solving challenging problems and owning your success, join our industry leading team of supply chain experts as we drive the industry forward.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Account Manager, you’ll be a trusted logistics advisor to companies around the world, providing transportation solutions to support their supply chain needs. With a comprehensive portfolio of logistics services, a global technology platform, and the support of a broad network of supply chain experts, you will have the tools and resources you need to help your customers optimize their supply chain. As your customer relationships grow, so will your pay. You’ll proactively reach out to key stakeholders within your customers’ organizations, identify and sell innovative solutions and services to drive continuous improvement and help our customers work smarter. You’ll solve challenging customer issues and provide an overall exceptional customer experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and grow relationships at multiple levels within the customer’s organization
- Use effective negotiation and sales strategies during solution pricing and selling discussions with the customer
- Develop an effective strategy for uncovering and progressing opportunities to create efficiencies, drive continuous improvement, and sell C.H. Robinson’s service offerings
- Leverage analytics and market intelligence to design strategic solutions and help customers solve their supply chain challenges
- Use proven sales management disciplines and tools to ensure successful implementation of transportation solutions
- Understand industry market trends, competition, products, services and pricing that may have an impact on your customers
- Conduct consistent customer reviews to stay informed on business and industry changes
- Deliver a positive customer experience through proactive communication, leading sensitive conversations and providing timely responses
- Collaborate and build trusting relationships with your teammates across C.H. Robinson
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Passion for sales, and a drive to succeed
- Ability to build and grow customer relationships
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and analytical ability
- Enthusiastic, persistent, and confident approach
- Bachelor's degree preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive onboarding - Our investment in you begins on day one. You’ll start your career in our dynamic ACCELERATOR onboarding program. By learning more about the C.H. Robinson, and our technology, processes and culture, you’ll gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to be successful in your role.
- Competitive, robust pay and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, retirement plans with company match, paid time off and paid holidays, charitable giving match and employee stock purchase program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and live
- High-energy, collaborative work environment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran