We’re one of the most recognized and respected brands in the compressor industry, we have a global presence, and our customers have trusted us for over 100 years. But at Quincy, we’re never idle, so we still have work to do. We need good people to help us achieve our vision to build the world's leading compressed air business. That’s where you come in. Do you love collaborating with team members? Are you ready for a rewarding job that will help you grow your career? If so, join us.
Careers for the Driven
Quincy has a rewarding opportunity as a Co-Op IT App Dev & Application Integration. We wholeheartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, learn, grow and achieve that real-world experience that all companies look for.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This is an exciting opportunity for college students to get real world experience in learning how to automate business processes and integrate computer applications. Students will utilize middleware tools and shell scripting to allow disparate computer applications to communicate with each other. Students will gain an understanding of integration concepts and technology areas such as EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), B2B (Business to Business) and A2A (Application to Application).
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Monitoring existing interfaces and processes to ensure system integrity
- Analyzing and resolving problems discovered via monitoring or via incident reporting system
- Working with Quincy business persons and external partners to resolve questions about automated message processing
- Working directly with experienced developers to create interfaces between companies, systems and applications
- Working directly with Quincy application users and Quincy’s business partners to create interfaces and resolve problems
What You’ll Need
- College student in the Computer Science or closely related field
- Must have an interest and be persistent in problem solving
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a basic understanding of OOP design principles
- Must have working knowledge of latest version of Visual Studio
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment
- Must be familiar with coding concepts using a high-level programming language
- Willingness to learn new technologies, programming paradigms, frameworks etc.
- Must be willing to work at least 3 coop terms, typically on an alternating schedule with school
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Quincy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.