Performance Specialist Internship - Spring
EXOS helps people perform at a high level so they can achieve what matters most to them. Since our founding in 1999, we’ve become a leader in proactive health and performance, trusted by more than 150 clients, including corporations, academic institutions, health systems, sports organizations, the U.S. military, community centers, and residential communities. With award-winning facilities and spaces, technology, equipment, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides individualized plans based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance.
We know that athletes’ careers evolve and their goals change, but the one constant is the demand for staying at the top of their game, and pushing it to new levels. That’s why we develop personalized game plans for athletes around the world at any point in their career. We’ve helped individuals and teams in just about every sport on the elite level as well as college, youth, and high school. Wherever athletes are preparing to compete, EXOS specialists are helping them get there — from club team tryouts and high school championships to renowned events like NFL combine, the Olympics, and the World Cup.
What you’ll learn:
Individuals who join our team will gain knowledge and experience working in a highly skilled strength and conditioning and group training environment. Each week you will shadow, observe, and participate in the performance programming and services we offer our to our athlete clientele ranging from youth to adult, collegiate, elite, and professional. Our coaches and teams utilize our unique proactive health and performance training system that addresses our four pillars: Mindset, Nutrition,Movement and Recovery. As an intern, you’ll participate in lectures, presentations, and practicums surrounding our specific strategies we use to enhance human performance and walk away with an in-depth understanding on how to implement this post-graduation.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and talented individuals who have a passion for upgrading the lives of all walks of life. These individuals must be pursuing a Bachelor/Graduate degree in Exercise Science or related field, interested in an industry certification such as NSCA-CSCS, NSCA-CPT, ACSM, NASM-CPT, etc., and a strong desire to become a professional in one of the following fields: Strength and Conditioning, personal training, sports medicine, or physical therapy. Eligibility for this internship is dependent on being able to receive academic credit for participation and completion.
If you are selected to participate in the EXOS Performance Internship, you will be responsible for the following
- Finding, securing, and funding your own housing for the duration of the internship
- Booking and funding your travel and relocating to the location of your internship prior to the start date
- Funding all food and transportation costs for the duration of your internship
Academic credit is a requirement, so we recommend that you speak with your academic advisor on this before submitting your application to our internship program.
- Must be receiving college credit through undergraduate, or graduate classes
- Must be eligible for work in the USA
- Must be enrolled in a 4 year or master’s program specializing in sport science, kinesiology, exercise physiology, exercise science, etc
- Must be able to dedicate 20 hours/week worth of work for the 12-16 weeks
- Must be interested in the field of Human Performance
- Proficient with Anatomy
- Computer Literate-Word and Excel
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to Detail
- Proactive and action oriented
- Certified in First Aid/CPR for the duration of the internship term
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday
- Perform basic physical requirements of this job such as frequent walking around and demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at:
Attention : EXOS People Operations, Accommodations
2629 E. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Learn more here: