Leadership Excellence at Penn (LEAP)
The Leadership Excellence at Penn (LEAP) Associate Internship Program is a career and leadership development program that accelerates the development of new college/university graduates into entry level (front-line) leadership positions that spans 15 months. The program is divided into two phases - the internship phase and the associate phase.
- Phase one is a 12-week paid internship that allows participants to gain practical, hands-on work experience while being mentored by Penn leaders which occurs the summer prior to senior year
- Phase two is a 12-month associate program where participants are hired after graduation as full-time employees working in their functional area while being mentored by Penn leaders.
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION (PHASE ONE)
The internship is designed for college/university students in their junior year working towards their degree. During this time, LEAP interns will be exposed to a number of real-life work experiences, which may include:
- learning and performing job duties of functional areas where jurisdictionally approved
- rotating through critical functional areas (e.g., gaming operations, marketing, finance, hospitality, human resources, etc.)
- working on projects related to key business priorities determined by property
- interacting with property and Company senior leaders
- participating in company-wide training programs and attending key team meetings
- providing support to functional leaders
- building relationships with department leaders, executive team, and team members
- developing and presenting a final project to the executive team
- Undergraduate students, enrolled in an accredited college/university, with an interest in culinary arts, finance, gaming operations, iGaming, hospitality, human resources, information technology, and/or marketing
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- At least 21 years of age by beginning of internship (special consideration will be made to those with birthdays near this date or in specific functional areas)
- Eligible to work full time in the United States
- Available for the duration of the program for full time employment (40hrs/week), working varied shifts including holidays and weekends
- Interns are considered temporary, hourly, full time team members while participating in the internship
- Housing will be provided (staying on property or housing stipend) if not local
- All internship-related expenses are covered
- Interns are responsible for meals/travel/relocation/recreation during the internship if not work related
Interested? Please copy and paste the below link for a brief video that shares more details, a timeline and some LEAP graduates and where they are today! There is a quick, 3-minute survey to complete at the end of the video if you are interested in the next step - scheduling an interview.