ERISA Compliance Analyst
Employee Fiduciary is currently seeking an ERISA Compliance Analyst for our ERISA Compliance & Consulting (ECC) department. ECC provides regulatory compliance services to Employee Fiduciary clients. This position is located in our Mobile, AL office and reports to the Director of ERISA Compliance & Consulting.
This position is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to begin a rewarding career in the 401(k) industry.
Essential Functions: (must be able to perform these functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation).
• Prepare nondiscrimination testing, Form 5500s, and plan document amendments for assigned clients
• Learn and maintain a working knowledge of qualified plan regulations
• Learn and maintain a working knowledge of all software and tools necessary to perform job duties, particularly Ft William applications used to complete nondiscrimination testing, Form 5500s and plan documents
• Complete additional Compliance related projects as assigned
• Respond to ERISA technical questions asked by plan sponsors or administrators
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other duties as needed
• Follow policies and procedures set forth by the company
Skills, knowledge and abilities: (these are required to enable job holder to perform the essential functions of the job).
• A strong proficiency in the use Microsoft Office software, particularly in Excel.
• Ability to obtain a strong proficiency in the use of Relius, Ft William and Pension Pal software and
• Ability to learn and understand department processes, procedures and standards
• Assumes responsibility for actions and accountability for work performance
• Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work under time pressure with poise and accuracy
• Ability to use general office equipment including computer keyboard by touch, voice mail system, copy machine, and printers
• Ability to proficiently read, write and communicate clearly in English
• Ability to interact cordially and productively with all company employees
• Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with, and among employees
• Effective communications skills with ability to handle difficult people or situations
Accounting or finance degree preferred. ERISA compliance experience is a plus. A strong proficiency in the use Microsoft Office software, particularly in Excel, is required. Prior experience with Relius Administration and Ft William or similar software is a plus.