The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director of the Dumas Wesley Community Center
(DWCC). Primary functions are as follows:
- Greet and assist all visitors/door traffic.
- Answer multi-line phone for all departments located in the main building of DWCC, and
direct those calls to the appropriate staff person and/or take messages.
- Set up/update phone away messages.
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers, ensuring that all items are
invoiced and paid on time.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and
- Prepare thank-you letters and update Donor Database accordingly.
- Provide general support to visitors and organize donations.
- Work with Program Directors to organize and execute direct mailings.
- Communicate any maintenance/repair requests to Maintenance Supervisor, weekly.
- Maintain and prepare personnel records including new hire forms, e-verify, W2s, etc.
- Track staff time-off via spreadsheet.
- Take minutes at weekly staff meeting and distribute to all staff members.
- Supervise the safekeeping of facilities keys and respond to staff members’ requests for
use of keys.
- Schedule interviews, background checks and annual evaluations, as appropriate.
- Maintain inventory and office supplies, including monthly supply trips.
- Notify board members of monthly meetings and events.
- Prepare/update board member roster and contact list.
- Prepare deposits daily.
- Update front lobby bulletin board.
- Monitor DWCC cameras and parking lot
- Run end of month printing reports by department
- Support employee development
- Bachelor’s Degree in compatible field preferred.
- Ability to document events and carry out scheduled or spontaneous tasks.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and valid auto liability insurance.
- Must have excellent communication and sensitivity skills, 1-2 years related experience
and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Suite
- Ability to diffuse crisis situations both within team settings and independently.
- Proven ability to work under the supervision of management.
- Proven ability to work with high level of detail.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and function in a diverse environment.