Information Technology Intern
IT SUPPORT TECH
Information Technology Support Intern
The IT Support Technician will work with the IT department on a variety of tasks and assignments including assisting with providing qualified 1st level support for users in the organization. The Intern will be provided with an opportunity to receive hands-on training in IT while working closely with IT management and receiving professional development training.
- Assist with providing 1st level support for users in the organization in order to swiftly rectify incidents and problems with IT systems
- Help with recording of incidents in the support tool for documentation and traceability purposes
- Assist with providing support to users in technical matters and answering queries regarding the use of available IT equipment
- Monitor IT systems in conjunction with the Service and Support team
- Assist in the creation and management of IT properties and tools.
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
Represents White-Spunner by promoting the company’s mission to clients, peers and team members. Communicates our vision and purpose by consistently exhibiting servant minded actions in every aspect of your daily functions. Offering unmatched customer focus and always going above and beyond industry standards.
Participates in personal career development by attending operations training programs and completes a minimum of four (4) hours of continuing education annually.
Driven by Integrity
High Ethical Standards
Functional and Technical Skills
Dealing with Ambiguity
Developing Direct Reports
Planning & Problem Solving
Building Effective Teams
The Ability to Work Both Independently and as Part of a Team Dynamic
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior
- Must have a 3.0 or higher grade point average
- Must be a self-motivated individual
- Ability to commit to a 20 hour per week work schedule
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a team within an open office environment
- Strong research and analytical skills
Normal professional office setting and some on-site field work. Travel required. (Less than 50%)
Our company is an equal opportunity employer, and we look to fill every position with the best qualified person regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability or national origin. With our home office in Mobile, Alabama we recruit from all over the Southeast to find the right fit for every position.
Drug Free Workplace:
We are an Alabama Drug Free Workplace, all prospective employees are subject to successful completion of pre-employment drug screen.
Physical Job Requirements
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) more than half the time
- There may be occasional need to travel to local area job sites to assit in the installation of IT equipment (less than 10%)
- The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) less than 50 lbs.
- This position requires the ability to spend more than half the time viewing computer monitors
- Travel Requirements
- No long distant travel required local travel less than 10%