Internship - Criminal Justice (Daphne Police Dept)
Internship – Criminal Justice
Description: The Daphne Police Department Internship provides qualified students with practical work experience that complements their academic course work, as approved by the college or university. It also provides the City of Daphne Police Department with an opportunity to involve college students in various aspects of police work and is designed to provide students with an opportunity to integrate theory and practice. The internship is an unpaid, non-sworn position. Students will gain valuable work experience through work and observation with uniform patrol, investigations, and administrative staff.
The following duties are assumed to be normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned:
- Review of crime statistics to determine patterns;
- Assist with facilitations from paper to digital record-keeping;
- Assist with equipment and property inventory records;
- Traffic pattern analysis;
- Assist with grant research and grant writing;
- Public opinion surveys;
- Data entry;
- Community outreach projects;
- Social media development
- Rising junior or senior class standing with a declared major in Criminal Justice, or closely related field
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Available to start internship on, or around, May 17, 2021
- Available to work a minimum of 8 hours per week (flexible scheduling within City Hall business hours)
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license, and be insurable by the City’s insurance carrier
Due to the volume of responses received, Human Resources may not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the interview process will be notified.
The City of Daphne is a drug-free workplace and all applicants will be subject to drug/alcohol testing.
THE CITY OF DAPHNE IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND
A PARTICIPANT OF E-VERIFY