Helpdesk Support Specialist I
REPORTS TO: Service Desk Manager
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to phone calls, email, chat and or web Helpdesk tickets to provide basic Installation, setup and troubleshooting of issues including: Workstations, printers, cellular phones and tablets, business systems passwords, email, standard windows applications, MS Office applications, internet access, network connectivity and other business systems that support critical business needs.
- Communicate daily ticket status to end users.
- Configure and install workstations, network printing devices, peripherals, and software.
- Maintains Helpdesk documentation.
- Document Helpdesk ticket repairs and resolutions upon closure.
- Use remote control tools to provide remote end user assistance.
- Work Helpdesk tickets in accordance with approved work flows, IT policies and procedures.
- On-Call rotation, after hours support as needed.
- Assign precedence to high priority items to conform with service level agreements.
- Offer courteous and responsive customer support to end users.
- Perform research and problem resolution using knowledge base and best practices.
- Professional and prompt communication with co-workers and supervisors, in person, verbally and in writing.
- Various tasks may be assigned outside of the authorities/responsibilities listed on this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1-3 years Helpdesk experience and systems support required.
- Basic experience working with and troubleshooting Microsoft OS, Active Directory and MS Office suites required.
- Basic experience working with and troubleshooting mobile devices (Apple iOS)
- Basic network knowledge and troubleshooting understanding of DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize work flows.
- A+ or N+ certifications preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently or on a team.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel.
- Lift/ push/ pull 50lbs to 75 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Lift/ push/ pull up to 20 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Must have the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing as a minimum includes stairs and ramps).
DIRECTION EXERCISED: N/A
DISCRETION EXERCISED: Work within Austal USA Standards at the direction of the Service Desk Manager
LIAISES WITH: Austal USA End Users and Austal USA IT department
Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be eligible for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years of age or older at time of application.
- Able to provide proof of US Person Status
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
- No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from disposition date