Fair and Event Internship
The Greater Gulf State Fair, Inc. (GGSF) seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist with event communications, planning, and execution. This intern will work approximately 20 hours a week at the GGSF admin offices and is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications and special events while working for a well-known community-based nonprofit organization.
- Assist Fair Manager and staff with final planning and execution of GGSF 2021.
- Assist with needs relating to on-grounds entertainment and Grandstand concerts. Will be in charge of managing daily events such as the Kick-Off BBQ Lunch, 4H night, Halloween at the Fair activities, live contests, etc.
- Assist with vendor management, agricultural competitions, and exhibits.
- Reach out to community organizations, the general public, and donors about upcoming Grounds and GGSF events.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and avenues for self-produced events.
- Must have a working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Must have a firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Must be an effective communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g. Hospitality/Tourism. Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing, communications, or events is a plus
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Greater Gulf State Fair Inc. and the community we serve
Hours: Flexible depending on intern's availability, up to 20 hours a week.