Transitional Living Community Coordinator Assistant
PENELOPE HOUSE, INC.
Transitional Living Community (TLC)
The Transitional Living Coordinator Assistant shall be required to assist the Transitional Living Coordinator in all aspects of a comprehensive transitional housing program serving victims of intimate partner violence. The Transitional Living Coordinator Assistant shall assist the Transitional Living Community (TLC) Coordinator in providing services and referrals to all clients who have been approved for transitional housing. The Transitional Living Coordinator Assistant is supervised by the Transitional Living Coordinator.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Perform and carry out assigned activities for the operations of the program as well as any services to victims who have been approved for the transitional housing program.
- Assist clients with case plan activities, including transportation when clients have no other option.
- Coordinate support group sessions and/or provide childcare for TLC clients during support group or during meetings with TLC coordinator or other times as needed.
- Pick up and deliver mail or other items to be distributed to clients or the TLC program.
- Assist TLC clients with move-in upon acceptance to the TLC program.
- Assist with cleaning and coordinating move-out of client apartments when necessary.
- Work closely with all Penelope House staff and other agency representatives and apartment management/staff who provide services to the residents.
- Provide coverage during the TLC Coordinator’s absence.
- Data entry
- Maintain client records and statistical information.
- Assist with scheduling of maintenance of TLC Van and keeping accurate mileage records.
Full-time 32-40hrs per week; Monday through Friday; flexible hours.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work preferably with experience in Transitional Housing Programs for Domestic Violence Victims. Must have valid Driver’s License and automobile liability insurance. Clearance through the Alabama Central Registry of Child Abuse and Neglect is required. Must be a U.S. citizen or provide proof of eligibility to work in this country. Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team. Ability to lift 25 pounds. Ability to walk up/downstairs.