Quality Engineering Intern
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Internal Quality Engineering.
· Under the guidance and supervisor of the Quality Assurance team, use laboratory equipment to confirm the product chemistry and metallurgical compliance on incoming material from suppliers or material going through on-site heat treating or plating processes.
· Help collect and distribute information for the D7 lessons learned activity, on 8D’s initiated by the Quality Control group.
· Begin to learn how to apply air-worthiness requirements in the verification of products produced and received against a certificate.
Systems Quality Engineering.
· Assist with the preparation for the execution and maintenance of Design and Process risk assessments. Help with the document updates reflecting escapes that are detected inside or downstream of the process.
· Help with the documentation of layered product audits findings by Quality Team Members and other Quality Engineers.
· Assist in the execution of layered process audits by Quality Team Members and other Quality Engineers. Generate periodic Process Audit reports based on an audit schedule frequency issued by “Quality Lead – Quality Control”.
· Assist with QMS documentation updates with annual document audits by verifying match to current process and identify updates needed.
· Create bubbled measurement study drawings to assist with PPAP and FAI preparation.
External Quality Engineering
· Perform D0 initial verification reviews of Warranty returns and redirect returned claims with less obvious dispositions to subject matter experts, including suppliers. Document the disposition findings.
· Participate in workshops targeting improvements Safety/Morale, Quality, Delivery, or Cost reductions with cross functional and inter functional teams.
· Flexible to accept additional task issued by the Quality Manager or Plant Manager as needed to support organizational effectiveness.