Business Development Pricing Coordinator
Job Title: Business Development Pricing Coordinator FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Business Development Date: August 2021
Reports To: Business Development Pricing Manager
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for assisting Business Development Pricing Manager and Sales Managers with daily responsibilities to capitalizing on new business opportunities as well as nurturing existing customers.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
· Build rapport with target customers to increase sales turnover.
· Consistent communication with Sales Managers to determine needs of new/existing customers to prepare rates proposals.
· Liaison between sales, operations and accounting to ensure customers’ needs are exceeded.
· Analyze customer requests to determine the service offerings needed to meet their requirements.
· Present rate proposals to new and existing customers with multiple options to best fit their needs.
· Assist BD Managers with research projects and sales trip planning.
· Ensure that all customer requests are responded to in a timely manner.
· Utilization of CRM program to record account quotes and progress.
· Monitor sales managers’ activity to ensure proper accounts are being targeted.
· Maintain accurate records and files of all quotes.
· Coordinating with Steamship lines and truckers to obtain pricing and build rapport to ensure quality service.
· Produce reports as may be required for management.
· Stay abreast of market conditions and changes in both shipping and commodity markets.
· Perform other duties as assigned including back-up for other employees.
· Experience preferred
· Experience in a customer services/sales role.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and work with minimal supervision.
· Must have good interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with internal and external associates.
· Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
Office environment; extended working hours may be occasionally necessary.
• Health, Dental, LTD, STD, 401k with the company paying over 90% of benefits costs.
• All employees eligible to participate in the annual target bonus program.